Trying out decadent chocolate truffles for the first time posed an opportunity to take some really good photos. Its no bake no hassle, and licking off the spoon is a great way to help out with the cleanup!
- 1 packet of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 3 cups confectioners’ (icing) sugar, sifted
- 3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips, melted in a large pan.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with electric beaters till smooth. Add in the confectioners’ sugar.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla essence with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for one hour, and then shape into 1 inch balls.
- Cover with nut fragments, or cocoa. I chose to use cocoa powder and topped them with sugar hearts!